Set on the gentle hills of Unanderra, Wollongong Memorial Gardens offers a tranquil and reflective setting to remember your loved ones.
Wollongong Memorial Gardens was established in 1959 by Wollongong City Council. Our gardens have flourished from more than 60 years of care, with well-established gum trees, extensive rose gardens and memorial walls.
This site has two chapels ideal for private or community services, or you can hold an outdoor memorial service in our leafy gardens.
This location is also home to our administration office.
There is a small parking lot within the grounds of Wollongong Memorial Gardens, near our administration office. Parking is also available along our driveway entry.
Two accessible parking spaces are available near our chapels for people with a valid Mobility Parking Scheme card.
Unanderra Train Station is approximately 1.6km, or a 21 minute walk, from Wollongong Memorial Gardens. There is also a bus stop on the Princes Highway at Unanderra, near the train station. See the Transport for NSW website for trip planning details.
Moving through the site
- There is pathway access to all areas of the gardens
- Most paths are concrete, some are grassed
- Some of the ground on the southern side of the gardens is sloping, and may be challenging for people using wheelchairs or mobility aids.
- Public toilets are available next to the main and family chapels
- There is one accessible toilet
- One baby change table is available.
Our gardens are open:
- 6am to 5.30pm during standard time
- 6am to 7pm during daylight savings time.
Pedestrian access is available during daylight hours.
Our administration office hours are 8.30am to 4.30pm weekdays.
Please see the Our Site Rules page for conditions that apply to people visiting or maintaining our cemeteries and gardens.