Helensburgh Cemetery is in the northern-most part of the Wollongong area, just south of Sydney. It is located in a rustic setting, surrounded by bushland.
The cemetery offers a fascinating glimpse into our region's colourful history, with headstones dating back to the early 1890s.
On-street parking is available on Cemetery Road.
Helensburgh Station is approximately 3.9km, or a 46 minute walk, away.
Moving through the site
- There is access to most parts of this cemetery via grass or gravel pathways
- Some sections of pathway are uneven and may be difficult for people using wheelchairs or mobility aids.
- One portaloo toilet is available at this cemetery
- There is no accessible toilet at this site.
Helensburgh Cemetery is open:
- 6am to 5.30pm during standard time
- 6am to 7pm during daylight savings time.
Pedestrian access is available during daylight hours.