Wikidata:Report a technical problem
|Report a problem||How to report a problem||Help with Phabricator||Get involved||WDQS and Search|
|On this page, old discussions are archived. An overview of all archives can be found at this page's archive index. The current archive is located at 2021/09.|
|Use this page to report a technical problem!|
If the problem you encounter is about the Wikidata Query Service or Search, please report it at WDQS and Search.
It's currently not possible to link an item to a page on https://wikitech.wikimedia.org. This has been previously mentioned by @Jura1 at Wikidata:Contact_the_development_team/Archive/2019/11#sitelinks_for_https://wikitech.wikimedia.org, but it doesn't seem like there was ever a definitive answer as to whether it's possible/wanted or not.
As an example, it is currently impossible to link PAWS (Q28838817) to https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/PAWS using a sitelink. Using properties is of course a reasonable work-around for now. --Azertus (talk) 15:52, 29 August 2021 (UTC)
- Hello @Azertus: As you pointed in the previous discussion, it was brought to our attention before but wasn't moved forward. Thanks for bringing it up again! I created a ticket so that we can look into it. -Mohammed Sadat (WMDE) (talk) 11:37, 1 September 2021 (UTC)
Add Gallo language (Q37300) and other language without ISO code in P1476
Hello all. I work on books in Gallo language and after in other Oil Language, but lots of this language cannot be found in the list of title property (P1476). I seems it because of they aren’t ISO code, but I’m not sure. Can somene add Gallo and other Oil language (Q37351) in this list (« Langue (obligatoire) » on the screenshot) ? Thanks ! Lyokoï (talk) 18:38, 8 September 2021 (UTC)
- Support when cataloguing articles or books about regional languages, it is very often that the language cannot be found for language of work or name (P407) or other monolingual properties. Could there be a way to easily use all languages defined in wikidata, without need for an ISO code ? I mean, all language that can be used as P407 should be admissible for P1476… --Hsarrazin (talk) 18:45, 8 September 2021 (UTC)
- Support I encountered this issue as well when trying to create items about works in Lorrain (Q671198) --Poslovitch (talk) 19:54, 8 September 2021 (UTC)
- @Hsarrazin, Lyokoï, Poslovitch: Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Currently not all languages with items are supported for monolingual text values on Wikidata, they have to be included in the codebase, and so you may be able to add P407 but not P1476 statements. I created a ticket so we can look at the Oïl, Gallo & Lorrain languages. -Mohammed Sadat (WMDE) (talk) 11:51, 13 September 2021 (UTC)
- @Mohammed Sadat (WMDE): Thanks ! I add a precision about oïl languages. And above all I do not understand why we should have a language code to be accepted in a property like P1467. There is a real big problem with using this property if we can’t use a languages or variety that we just added here. This is a considerable barrier to describing works in these languages! Lyokoï (talk) 16:58, 13 September 2021 (UTC)
Need help merging items
I have been trying to merge items Q8251051 and Q22674405. Tried the 'merge with...' pulldown, 'select for merging', and the merge page. I can't get any of them to work.
- I've merged the first pair; and the first & last of the mountain range set. The second and third in the mountain range set both have ceb wiki sitelinks and so will not merge. One of them could be merged into Q9077069. However it might be better to consider that Q27778363 is that part of the mountain rage in Estado de Zacatecas, and Q27788208 is that part of the mountain range in Estado de Aguascalientes, and to link these two records to Q9077069 using has part / part of? --Tagishsimon (talk) 12:34, 17 September 2021 (UTC)