User talk:DarwIn

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | Taclḥit | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча/tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha/ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Welcome to Meta![edit]

Hello DarwIn!, and welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing! — Mikhailov Kusserow (talk) 14:16, 20 May 2009 (UTC)

  • Hello Darwinius, I came to MetaWiki because of an ongoing problem on WikiSpecies, and possibly other Wikis, after a recent software update. I posted a question on the Wikimedia Forum which has yet to be answered. There is more detail on the WikiSpecies Village Pump page. This is a new problem that started two weeks ago, or thereabouts, and its a real pain. Would be great if someone with a MetaWiki overview could investigate. Cheers, Alan. Accassidy 18:58, 27 February 2011 (UTC)

Gràcies/Thank you[edit]

Viquimarató 35 hores a la Fundació Miró (abril 2013)
35-hour edit-a-thon at Miró Foundation (April 2013)

Hola, gràcies a la teva firma donant suport a la nostra associació. El passat dia 5 de juny Amical Wikimedia (Associació Amical Viquipèdia) va ser reconeguda pel Consell d'Administració de la Fundació Wikimedia com a Organització Temàtica. Pots veure el comunicat de l'associació en català aquí o el comunicat de la WMF en anglès aquí. Per a la nostra associació és una fita molt important, portàvem 5 anys demanant ésser un organisme oficial. Nosaltres continuarem la nostra tasca de promoció al carrer i a les institucions de la Viquipèdia i els seus projectes germans arreu dels territoris de parla catalana.

Hello, thanks for your signature giving support to our association. Last 5th of June Amical Wikimedia (Associació Amical Viquipèdia) was recognised by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees as a Thematic Organization. You can read the news bulletin of our association in Catalan here or the WMF's bulletin in English here. For our association, this is a very important achievement: we have been pursuing the official recognition for the last 5 years. We are going to continue the task of promoting Wikipedia and its sister projects all around the Catalan-speaking regions.

Moltes gràcies, Thank you --Davidpar (talk) 15:37, 14 July 2013 (UTC)

...[edit]

Quem é vivo sempre aparece. Bem-vindo de volta. Ruy Pugliesi 11:04, 21 December 2015 (UTC)

Netherlands and the World Exchange Platform is online[edit]

Dear Darwinius,

In the past you've expressed interest in the project Netherlands and the World. We would like to draw your attention to the launch of the Netherlands and the World Exchange Platform. Please find more details below:

Wikimedia Nederland launches the Netherlands and the World Exchange Platform. The platform aims to stimulate global re-use of Dutch collections on non-European cultural heritage. In particular, it aims to stimulate collections on countries with which the Netherlands have had historical ties. These countries include Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Brazil, Ghana, Suriname, South Africa, and others.

The platform also aims to foster contacts between Dutch cultural heritage institutions and Wikimedia contributors across the globe. However, participation is not limited to Wikimedia contributors. Anyone can participate, making it relevant for education and research as well.

Key properties:

  • Dutch heritage institutions can post offers on (parts of) their collections that are relevant to non-European countries
  • Wikimedia contributors gain insight in the contents of Dutch collections and can make requests for digitalisation.
  • Knowledge exchange and cooperation are key concepts.

The platform is easy to use. After registration, users can post offer/requests notices, depending on whether they are looking for material, or want to offer material for re-use. Statistics on re-use are also available.

The Netherlands and the World Exchange Platform is part of the program The Netherlands and the World. This program is supported by Wikimedia Nederland and aims to make available knowledge and content on non-European countries.

Regards, --AWossink (talk) 15:14, 16 March 2017 (UTC)

@AWossink: Thank you very much for the information! I expect to have a closer look at it later today.--- Darwin Ahoy! 15:45, 21 March 2017 (UTC)

Feedback Netherlands the World Exchange Platform requested[edit]

Dear Darwinius,

In the past, you've expressed an interest in the project The Netherlands and the World. As part of the project, the Netherlands and the World Exchange Platform went online in April 2017. A few months later, we would now like to collect some feedback on the platform:

  • If you’ve signed up on the platform but never got around to using it, or if you looked at the platform but didn’t sign up, we would like to hear about that.
  • If you’ve never heard of the Netherlands and the World Exchange Platform before, we would like to hear about that too.
  • In general, we are also interested to get feedback about the platform itself. So, whether you’ve already had a look at it, or just learned about it from this email, we would appreciate it if you would take a few minutes to browse the website and share with us your thoughts on its purpose, the available functionality, the layout, things that you’re missing that should be there, suggestions, etc.

Feel free to share your thoughts on my talk page, this mailing list or email me directly if you don’t want to share your thoughts in public. Your feedback will be invaluable to help us decide how to move forward with the Netherlands and the World Exchange Platform.

Thank you!

Regards, --AWossink (talk) 11:45, 27 July 2017 (UTC)

Olá[edit]

Você pode rever o bloqueio na minha conta na Wikipédia lusófona? Creio que foi um engano de sua parte. O revolucionário aliado (talk) 05:45, 15 September 2017 (UTC)

Sorry[edit]

Hello, DarwIn. Sorry for the mistake - i was just looking at you page's code; i didn't note the edition. – Amom Lins (talk)

@Amom Lins: No prob! Cheers, --- Darwin Ahoy! 02:46, 29 October 2017 (UTC)
@Amom Lins: Please use the Meta:Sandbox for making test edits if you're needed. :) SA 13 Bro (talk) 02:53, 29 October 2017 (UTC)

Gigliola cinquetti[edit]

Vc poderia colocar os anos de lançamento em azul, eu não sei fazer isso.

Thierry Campagner (talk) 22:21, 29 October 2017 (UTC)
@Thierry Campagner: Olá, eles já estão a azul, não estão?--- Darwin Ahoy! 22:35, 29 October 2017 (UTC)

Your signature[edit]

Hello! It looks like you haven't updated your signature since your rename, see Special:Diff/17478644. The Wishlist Survey bot flagged you as an inactive/new contributor, but clearly you are a seasoned member. You might consider updating your signature to point to your new username, so that automated programs like this don't get confused, and so that people will can more easily find you. Just letting you know! Thanks for participating in the survey, MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 01:07, 11 December 2017 (UTC)

@MusikAnimal: Hi! Thank you very much for noticing that and having the care to inform me of it, do I need to repeat the survey? Thanks, --- Darwin Ahoy! 01:16, 11 December 2017 (UTC)
No need! I updated all of the signatures, but that was mostly as a nitpick. All the users flagged by the bot are manually reviewed (we're just making sure there are no obvious socks, etc.), so there was no concern of your votes going to waste. Regards, MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 01:43, 11 December 2017 (UTC)

Help[edit]

Ola DarwIn você poderia me explicar por que minha conta foi bloqueada ? e como desbloqueio ? Não entendi muito bem o motivo

Olá Steve Azevedo. Não me lembro de bloquear uma conta com esse nome. Qual é o ID de bloqueio?--- Darwin Ahoy! 11:18, 2 April 2018 (UTC)

É esse #327574

Ajuda[edit]

Olá, estou aqui como uma fã em busca de ajuda. Vi que você bloqueou a página do SHINee para evitar vandalismos, e eu agradeço por isso. Só peço-lhe que, por favor, altere o espaço “ex-integrantes” dela, pois, segundo o próprio grupo, Kim Jonghyun sempre será um deles. Portanto, como forma de homenageá-lo, peço que o mantenha como integrante, colocando entre parênteses: (†) ou mesmo (eterno). É muito doloroso para os fãs digitar o nome do grupo no Google e ver como primeiro resultado a página da Wikipedia chamando Jonghyun de ex-integrante como se ele tivesse escolhido sair do grupo, como muitos outros artistas já fizeram em diversas ocasiões. Peço-lhe encarecidamente que analise meu pedido com sensibilidade. Grata, Mandylikemoon (talk) 04:18, 30 May 2018 (UTC)

SVG Translate Community wishlist survey project[edit]

Hello! Thank you for voting for the SVG Translate project that was proposed in the 2017 Wishlist survey. The Community Tech team in the Wikimedia Foundation is beginning to start their work on the project. We're currently looking for feedback on some open questions which will allow us to come up with preliminary designs for the tool. If you are interested in being involved, you can watch the project page and join in the discussions on the talk page. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and learning from your experiences. Thank you. -- NKohli (WMF), Product Manager, Community Tech (talk) 21:53, 16 August 2018 (UTC)


Agradecimento do agradecimento XD[edit]

Colega wikipedista DarwIn, queria te agradecer pelo teu agradecimento na página Potências do Eixo, já que se constituiu na minha primeira edição exitosa!!! <3

Aproveito a oportunidade para te fazer um chamado à solidariedade. Meu próximo objetivo são as páginas dos Povos Indígenas do Uruguai, sendo que eu sou pertencente à etnia Charrúa, à Comunidade Charrúa Basquadé Inchalá, e ao Conselho da Nação Charrúa. Tanto as páginas "Charrúa/s", "Chaná/s", "Chaná Timbú/es" e outras tantas, afirmam que somos povos "extintos", e todas as referências são feitas em tempo passado para nossa existência. O qual resulta muito doloroso, somado a falta de reconhecimento por parte do Estado Uruguaio. Ainda que gozamos desse mesmo recohecimento devido, tanto na Argentina quanto no Brasil (contamos com uma comunidade reconhecida na cidade de Porto Alegre, e na Argentina a CODECHA, uma organização federada de várias comunidades na Província de Entre Ríos).

Procuro a cooperação de boa fé de wikipedistas que sejam cientes da nossa existência para vigiar essas edições. Já me aconteceu que elas sejam rápidamente vandalizadas e removidas. Acrecentando essa grande dor que meus irmãos do meu Povo sentimos cada vez que somos negados. Sem considerar toda vez que um aluno do ensino fundamental procura informações sobre nosso Povo na internet, e aparece o artigo da wikipedia reafirmando essa negação, e a representação social da nossa extinção que é tão frequente na sociedade uruguaia.

Se quiser conversar comigo por via interna, recebo e respondo o mais rapidamente possível o que receber na minha conta damiantorko dos serviços de Googl . Também no fb me encontra por damiantorko.

Grande abraço! :D

The Community Wishlist Survey[edit]

Hi,

You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.

You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)

Wiki Loves Africa[edit]

Hello

You put yourself as contact to organize Wiki Loves Africa 2019 in your country. Please be aware that your country should submit its Rapid Grant request before Nov 15th. When it is done, please add the link on the WLA 2019 page. Thank you ! Anthere (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 23:21, 7 November 2018 (UTC).

[Wikipedia & Education User Group] Updates: November 2018[edit]

Greetings,

Integrating Wikimedia with education is a powerful strategy for the outreach of Wikimedia projects. Realising this concept, a group of leaders promoted this and formed the Wikipedia Education Collaborative. After some time, this evolved to become a user group, officially recognised by the Affiliations Committee in June 2018. The user group had its first board elections earlier in September. In the process to formalise activities and give a shape the user group for long-term sustainability, we are now revamping our processes. Thanks for supporting us during incubation stages, we are now inviting you to formally join the user group by following the instructions on the members' page. Being a member will allow you to be a part of this wonderful collaboration and also do interesting stuff.

Kind regards
On behalf of Wikipedia and Education UG, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:44, 10 November 2018 (UTC)

Elections for 5 seats on the board of WPMEDF & Annual Meeting[edit]

Dear WikiProject Medicine member, the election for 5 seats on the board is underway and voting is now open till March 24th. We encourage you to use your right to vote by supporting the candidates you prefer HERE. Please also note that on Monday, March 25, between 1900-2000 UTC we will be holding our open annual meeting online. A link will be sent via the mailing list / Facebook group so stay tuned. We hope you can join us! Best, James & Shani. 14:16, 11 March 2019 (UTC)

The Affiliate-selected Board seats process welcomes your support[edit]

Globe of letters.png

Hello. You are receiving this message because you are active in the field of translations <3 The movement needs you! The Nominations phase has started for the ongoing selection process of two Board members, and the timeline is quite tight.

A Translation Central is available to help translators figure out what's been covered and what's left to do. Over the course of the next few weeks, your attention on candidates' profiles is particularly welcome.

While there are four languages that are especially relevant for multiple affiliates (namely Arabic, French, Russian and Spanish), we are asking your help for Chinese, Ukrainian, Bengali, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Polish, Farsi, German, Cantonese, Finnish, Hindi, Thai, Dutch, and Greek, as these also matter to affiliates! If you can't help: please see if you know anyone in your circle who could, and spread the word :) Thank you! Elitre (WMF) and Facilitators of ASBS 2019, 21:35, 24 April 2019 (UTC)

Science UG[edit]

Can you please start to inform people in Portugal who might be interested to join Science Wiki User Group? I will start the campaign to build up the pages in the following days.--Alexmar983 (talk) 14:42, 10 June 2019 (UTC)

@Alexmar983: Certainly! --- Darwin Ahoy! 17:00, 10 June 2019 (UTC)--- Darwin Ahoy! 17:00, 10 June 2019 (UTC)

Please translate the Editing newsletter[edit]

Would you please translate VisualEditor/Newsletter/2019/July into your favorite language for me? I'd really appreciate it. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 17:30, 19 July 2019 (UTC)

Would you please translate Community Insights/Translation/2019/1-Invitation to program coordinators for me? Portuguese is one of the key languages for this invitation. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 18:02, 27 August 2019 (UTC)
@Whatamidoing (WMF): Hi! Apparently it was already translated, but some small corrections were needed. I believe it should be OK now. Please see this sentence: "Olá Community Insights/Translation/2019/1-Invitation to program coordinators/pt", it doesn't seem to be right, unless it's supposed to be replaced with something else in the final version?--- Darwin Ahoy! 10:23, 28 August 2019 (UTC)
Thanks! It should be replaced with the person's username. Right now, it's pulling the name of the page, which is weird but expected. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 17:18, 28 August 2019 (UTC)
Erdbeerteller01.jpg Thank you for your help with Community Insights/Translation#Requests for translations. It's really helpful for people to get this information in their language. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 17:33, 19 September 2019 (UTC)

Pedido de contacto. Investigação PhD[edit]

Boa tarde DarwIn,

Gostaria de entrar em contacto consigo para conversar sobre algumas das páginas que edita e do trabalho que tem desenvolvido na Wikipédia lusófona (entre eles o projeto Guiné-Bissau). Estou a fazer uma investigação etnográfica sobre essas páginas da Wikipédia e a sua colaboração seria muito bem-vinda. Pode contactar-me, caso tenha interesse em colaborar, para o e-mail: vipferreir@gmail.com.

Cumprimentos, Verónica Ferreira

Thanks for your help[edit]

ASBS 2019 Volunteer Translator - orange hexagon.svg

Hi there, translator! Here's a little token of appreciation for a recent effort you contributed to. Surprised? Well, the best is yet to come.

  • We'd love to send you this badge as an actual sticker. If you want, you can use this Google Form to communicate your address so we can ship it to you. Note that we will close the form on October 13, 2019, and all data will be removed shortly afterwards. Details about this external site are provided at the top of the form.
  • We also have this badge waiting for you on Wikimedia Space. You can use the form linked above to let us know what your username is on this brand new hub, so that you can get the award there as well. If you don't have an account yet, just go ahead and enjoy joining via Wikimedia login in just a few clicks. (And in case you hadn't heard yet, you can join the community of translators there as well).

Again, thanks for everything you are doing to make this movement a better (and multilingual!) place: please do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions, and I hope to hear from you soon. --Elitre (WMF), 13:03, 28 September 2019 (UTC)

Thanks, Elitre (WMF).--- Darwin Ahoy! 15:06, 28 September 2019 (UTC)

Wiki Loves Africa 2020[edit]

Hello

For 2020... do we count you in ?

If you have not yet done so... telegram channel here, mailing list there

Hope to see you !

Anthere (talk) 21:25, 2 December 2019 (UTC)

Programa em cosntrução[edit]

A utilização deste termo está errado porque ninguém está a construir nada, mas sim "A Criar"...


Wikidata = Wikidados -> consulte página inicial do português, etc...

Cumprimentos,

--Aamrs (talk) 14:53, 10 January 2020 (UTC)

@Aamrs: Wikidata não se traduz para "Wikidados", não existe qualquer tradução oficial disso. Isso é uma tradução caseira e deficiente que algum voluntário meteu no título da página (e parece que só lá), que em seu devido tempo será reportada a quem gere aquilo. Quanto ao programa, ele já está criado, e estamos a construí-lo, ou actualiza-lo. Desculpe o mau jeito, mas você não está na organização do evento, por isso realmente deveria se abster de interferir directamente com a forma em que apresentamos o programa. Qualquer sugestão construtiva é, obviamente, bem vinda. Atenciosamente, --- Darwin Ahoy! 14:57, 10 January 2020 (UTC)

E uma vez mais o "snobismo" português em ação.

O que tem a ver eu não fazer parte com a ajuda na correção do que está errado aqui?!

As traduções aqui são todas "oficiais" quer goste ou não goste. E nós não somos os únicos a traduzir para o nosso idioma.

E "actualizá-lo" está errado quer goste ou não do AO 1990.

E é por isso e por outras, que a língua portuguesa não vai a lado nenhum, e muitas organizações/empresas atualmente optam pelo pt-BR e depois não pretendem ter o português.

É uma vergonha não haver "Coordenadores" em condições para o português.

Cumprimentos,

--Aamrs (talk) 13:03, 11 January 2020 (UTC)

@Aamrs: Seja o que for. Se continuar a interferir com o programa do evento, serei obrigado a pedir o seu bloqueio, já que você não tem qualquer relação com ele. Fica o aviso. Saudações, --- Darwin Ahoy! 18:44, 11 January 2020 (UTC)

User:DarwIn

Eu não irei interferir porque sei respeitar os outros e quando as coisas são pedidas.

Mas é pena que a mesma continue com erros e ignorâncias.

Arrogância portuguesa no seu melhor.

O que tem feito aqui na Wikimedia em relação a textos ou até traduções?! MUITO POUCO.

Ou é como eu quero, se não passam às ameaças!

Passe bem, e bom domingo!

--Aamrs (talk) 15:47, 12 January 2020 (UTC)

@Aamrs: Há muito para fazer aqui, não precisa de interferir no trabalho alheio, também ele feito por voluntários. Se estava interessada/o em fazer parte da organização, houve uma chamada para isso. Não o fez, agora faça o favor de respeitar o trabalho dos outros. Passar bem, --- Darwin Ahoy! 17:09, 12 January 2020 (UTC)

Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos[edit]

WPWP logo 1.png

Hi Darwln! Thanks for joining the Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos - we’re so glad to have your community involved!. Please subscribe to our mailing list here for discussions and updates about WPWP. Please let us know if you have any questions. Kind regards On behalf of WPWP Team, T CellsTalk 10:36, 24 April 2020 (UTC)

@T Cells: Done, thanks for the invitation! --- Darwin Ahoy! 11:50, 24 April 2020 (UTC)

Sunday August 23: Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Strategic flock of Wikimedians heading in a new direction.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a proposed forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

The idea is to follow up on the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting and other strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 12:49, 20 August 2020 (UTC)

Sunday September 20 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Birds of a feather flock together.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August SWAN meeting and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, this month we are meeting on Sunday September 20, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 02:05, 19 September 2020 (UTC)

Invitation to complete a survey regarding WPWP Campaign[edit]

Hello DarwIn,

Many thanks for participating in the WPWP campaign.

We are excited about the level of participation, this year and we are happy to inform you that over 90,000 articles were improved with photos in 272 languages Wikipedia.

We'd love to get your feedback. Your feedback will allow us to better meet your expectations for the campaign in the next editions.

Please complete a brief survey so that we may learn about your participation in the campaign, strengths, challenges and your expectations. This information will enable us to improve the next editions of the Campaign.

Follow this link to the Survey:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL7I25Uxx_3Tyu9EgS2Bhix32Mh073LRsrr4tuH-i1yyRCZg/viewform

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL7I25Uxx_3Tyu9EgS2Bhix32Mh073LRsrr4tuH-i1yyRCZg/viewform

Thank you in advance for taking this survey. Stay safe!Face-smile.svg

Kind regards,
Tulsi Bhagat contribs | talk ]
Communication Manager, WPWP Campaign
-- Message sent using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 05:17, 23 September 2020 (UTC)

Sunday October 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Friendship is a movement value.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the September and August SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including the recent proposed changes to the Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws, this month we are meeting on Sunday October 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 16:42, 22 October 2020 (UTC)

Wiki World Heritage User Group[edit]

Dear World Heritage enthusiast,
We are thrilled to announce that Wiki World Heritage User Group has been finally recognized ! This wouldn't have been possible without your support !
Please join us on:

Wishing you an excellent week ahead !

Nassima Chahboun (talk) 15:54, 3 November 2020 (UTC)
On behalf of the founding members.

Sunday November 29 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Take flight with us.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, and October SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including the recent proposed changes to the Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws, this month we are meeting on Sunday November 29, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although a number of places have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 01:27, 27 November 2020 (UTC)

Wiki World Heritage UG preparatory meeting[edit]

Hello DarwIn,
The first preparatory meeting of Wiki World Heritage User Group will be held on 26 December 2020 at 16:00 UTC, and are looking forward to having you with us!

  • Meeting link : Here
  • Meeting ID : 763 8364 4697
  • Password: WWH

You are also invited to join us on WWH mailing list and WWH Telegram group.
Thank you !

Yamen (talk) 19:13, 17 December 2020 (UTC)
On behalf of the founding members.

Wiki World Heritage UG board election[edit]

Hello DarwIn,

Following the meeting of 26.12.2020, Wiki World Heritage User Group is choosing its first board !
You can find the elections page here.

Nassima Chahboun (talk) 21:08, 27 December 2020 (UTC)
On behalf of the founding members.

Sunday January 10 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Into the blue.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, and November SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including SWAN input on Interim Global Council and Movement Charter, this month we are meeting on Sunday January 10, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

To start the exchange of ideas on the IGC early, and to help prepare before the SWAN calls, we have set up and invite everyone to participate at this etherpad. If you like a more interactive way of discussing, we have also made a jamboard. Check here for more details.

--Pharos (talk) 14:51, 4 January 2021 (UTC)

Sunday February 21 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

We are a mosiac.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, and January SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, this month we are meeting on Sunday February 21, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

To help set priorities for the SWAN agenda, and also to help manage which global conversations should be a focus in general, we have set up and invite everyone to participate at this SWAN priorities form.

Possible topics include Community Board seats, Interim Global Council, Strategy prioritization follow-up events, Branding, Universal Code of Conduct, Grant strategy, and WMF CEO search. That is a lot of things, which are most important to cover in our upcoming SWAN meeting?

Following the regular call, in SWAN after hours: Wikimedia Meet Jitsi social event with brainstorming for possible Nano Charter ideas, plus any other topics.

--Pharos (talk) 17:54, 18 February 2021 (UTC)

Wiki World Heritage UG Minutes of the Meeting 02-13-2021[edit]

Hello DarwIn!

The first meeting of the Board of Wiki World Heritage User Group (WWH UG) was held last February 13, 2021. Board members discussed several topics including the dispatching of roles inside the board. You can find the minutes of the meeting via the following link [1].

Also, the board discussed the importance of capacity building for the group members and we would like to invite all the members to fill the following form [2] in order to help define the learning priorities.

Furthermore, the board discussed some ideas for the 2021 annual program but we would like to hear also from the members in case they would like to propose some activities. We would like to invite you to update this page and add any potential activities[3].

A meeting will be held in the first week of March in order to finalize the program and you can find below [4] a doodle link to choose the date and time that suits you.

You are also invited to join us on WWH mailing list and WWH Telegram group.
Thank you !

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_World_Heritage_User_Group/Meeting_minutes_20210213
[2] https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSde6BsB8v9WwbLtE0_n5kT0TmZoYXsaFQN2ijP-XZFsJcWmcw/viewform
[3] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_World_Heritage_User_Group/Calendar2021
[4] https://doodle.com/poll/4qmstzpwaxu45pwr


Imelda Brazal (Talk)
Members Liaison, Wiki World Heritage User Group
On behalf of the Board Members

Autobiography Help for an Artist Knowledge Panel[edit]

Hey DarwIn ! I need you to write a biography of the artist "Vidjanny Santo" on Wikipedia. Can you do that ? This biography data will appear on his knowledge panel on Google.

Biography:

About Vidjanny Santo:

Vidjanny Fidel Ferreira Santo, better known as 'Vidjanny Santo' is an, singer and screenwriter born in Benguela, Province - Angola with Portuguese nationality.

He comes from a family originated from the 'Bourgeois' who stood out a lot for his fame as the cause of his mother Maria.

He was born on July 26, 2004 (17 years old - 2021)

Relatives: Maria Ferreira Costa (Mother), Sara Ferreira Gonçalves (Sister)

Place of Birth: Provincial Hopital - Benguela, Angola —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 154.127.156.153 (talk) 09:12, 2 March 2021‎

I searched the news, and there is no reference on Vidjanny Santo. I strongly suggest waiting for the singer to acquire notability, before attempting to create his biography in Wikipedia.--- Darwin Ahoy! 12:33, 4 March 2021 (UTC)

Sunday March 21 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Community as a hand-carved gem.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, and February SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Grants relaunch, Universal Code of Conduct/Discussions, Wikimedia Enterprise / OKAPI, Community Board seats, Interim Global Council + Movement Charter, and WMF Executive Transition

This month we are meeting on Sunday March 21, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although some places have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 19:35, 17 March 2021 (UTC)

Sunday April 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Swanlings grow up together.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, and March SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Interim Global Council + Movement Charter, WMF Resolution about the upcoming Board elections, Community Resilience and Sustainability role in Movement Strategy coordination, Grants Strategy Relaunch, and WMF Executive Transition

This month we are meeting on Sunday April 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although some places may have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 04:13, 23 April 2021 (UTC)

Queering Wikipedia 2021 User Group Working Days: May 14-16[edit]

Quick logo for QW (cropped).jpg
Wikimedia LGBT+ logo.svg

The Wikimedia LGBTQ+ User Group is holding online working days in May. If you’re an active Wikimedian, editing on LGBTQ+ issues or if you identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community, come help us set goals, develop our organisation and structures, consider how to respond to issues faced by Queer editors, and plan for the next 12 months.

We will be meeting online for 3 half-days, 14–16 May at 1400–1730 UTC. While our working language is English, we are looking to accommodate users who would prefer to participate in other languages, including translation facilities.

More information, and registration details, at QW2021.--Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group 15:42, 24 April 2021 (UTC)

Fui bloqueado na portuguesa por...[edit]

Fui bloqueado por criar a página de Adonis Frías na wiki pt e retirar corretamente a ER, pois Wikipédia:Critérios de notoriedade/Desporto 3. Todos os atletas que tenham sido medalhados, em competições intercontinentais e regionais, tais como. Ele só é campeão da Copa Sul-Americana de 2020Marcaram Frías, Braian Romero (ex-Athletico Paranaense) e Camacho diante de 2.500 torcedores credenciados. Você pode me dizer porque fui bloqueado? se cumpre os critério, se tem fontes? Delta Tee (talk) 23:34, 24 May 2021 (UTC)

@Delta Tee: Parece que a situação foi entretanto resolvida. Ainda precisa de ajuda? --- Darwin Ahoy! 19:43, 27 May 2021 (UTC)

Thank you for your support![edit]

Wikipedia20 animated Incubator.gif Hello, DarwIn:

We wanted to THANK YOU for expressing your support in our grant application to develop Web2Cit: Visual Editor for Citoid Web Translators and for volunteering to take part in the project. We have great news to share: our proposal has been approved!

In the following weeks, we will be processing some paperwork and refining our next steps for this project. We aim to give updates so you can follow the development of the project and you can understand when and how you can contribute!

But for now, we wanted to thank you and invite you to celebrate with us!

Both Diegodlh and myself are very thankful for your support. --Scann (talk) 12:38, 2 June 2021 (UTC)

Sunday June 6 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Swan of healing.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, and April SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Movement Strategy/Events, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday June 6, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and *Note that we have shifted the second call an hour earlier in UTC time due to popular demand and to accomodate daylight savings*.)--Pharos (talk) 20:42, 3 June 2021 (UTC)

Help with translation[edit]

Hello DarwIn, I am User:T Cells from the Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos campaign. I'd like to thank you for your translation support in the 2020 edition. The campaign was a huge success and that would not have been possible without your support. The Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos 2021 starts on the 1st of July and we need your help with the translation of the campaign page and the central banner text.

Direct translation link of CentralNotice banner:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=Centralnotice-tgroup-WPWP2021&language=en&action=page&filter=

Direct translation link of WPWP main page

https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Wikipedia+Pages+Wanting+Photos+2021&language=en&action=page&filter=

As always, thanks for your help. T CellsTalk 11:44, 11 June 2021 (UTC)

Join Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos 2021[edit]

Hello DarwIn,

Many thanks for participating in the maiden edition of Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos in 2020.

We are glad to inform you that the 2021 edition starts today (1st of July). You are invited to participate in the campaign again this year to help improve the quality of Wikipedia articles with photos. For more information, please visit the campaign page here.

If you have any questions or query please feel free to contact anyone from the Organizing Team of WPWP Campaign.

Kind regards,
Tulsi Bhagat contribs | talk ]
Communication Manager, WPWP Campaign
Message sent using --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 10:15, 1 July 2021 (UTC)

Wiki World Heritage Membership Request[edit]

Hello!

Wiki World Heritage UG Membership is open to anyone who supports the group's mission and objectives. To formally become a member, it is mandatory that members fill the Membership Request Form. Requests are automatically approved, except for the case of the global ban as mentioned in the by-laws.

This will also help us facilitate this year's activities and established a communication channel. You may access the form here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdxqv-sIrApmjWgr1Rr2NRzofqTjgofiX7Jhz2gPRUKzvI2QQ/viewform


Best,

Imelda (Talk) 02:17, 19 July 2021 (UTC)
Members Liaison, Wiki World Heritage User Group

Call for Advisory Board members for Web2Cit[edit]

Community wp20.png Hello, DarwIn:


Web2Cit: Visual Editor for Citoid Web Translators project is moving!

With Diegodlh we are inviting people to apply to be an Advisory Board member. Is this you? Is this someone you know?

Check the Call for members and apply to be an Advisory Board member before August 6th!

If you are too busy this time around to apply, don't worry: we get it. You can also help us by spreading the word! We sincerely appreciate it. --Scann (talk) 22:38, 20 July 2021 (UTC)

Sunday July 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

The swan or the egg?

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, April, and June SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Drafting Committee, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday July 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and *Note that we have shifted the second call an hour earlier in UTC time due to popular demand and to accomodate daylight savings*.)--Pharos (talk) 15:01, 22 July 2021 (UTC)

Requests for comment/Removal of the global administrator DARIO SEVERI[edit]

Olá @DarwIn: não sei se você foi notificado, mas eu abri uma solicitação de comentário para a remoção global das ferramentas de administrador de DARIO SEVERI, dessa vez acredito que foi no local certo. Biel 11:23, 2 August 2021 (UTC)

Campaigns Product Update #1[edit]

Hello Campaigns Newsletter recipients. We are ready to share our first updates:

What is next? At the office hours, we will share our first version of the designs for the Registration feature, and be asking for feedback. Additionally we will be onboarding our engineering team who will be building the registration feature.

Please invite  other organizers to subscribe to this newsletter or unsubscribe at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Campaigns/Foundation_Product_Team/Subscribers  

The Campaign Product Team

Who does the WMF think it is?[edit]

Long story short, because this is off-topic, but since you asked: The only way to prevent it is to have effective management or supervisors (DannyH (WMF) is an example of one such a person) but in the apparent flat hierarchy of WikiMedia's Phabricator (and to a certain extent, the WMF) some individuals even unilaterally decide that tickets will not be processed. There are so many volunteers and paid devs all intermingled, that it's sometimes not easy to see the wood for the trees and to establish priorities. I'm not a code writer per se, but I've been a web and software project manager for decades, with a focus on end user demands (the major stake holders).

Over the years there has been plenty of research into the behavior of software application designers, with parallels in other fields, such as for example automobile design. One of the reasons is that they see themselves as artistic creators (such as movie directors, painters, composers, etc) from which they perceive an air of excellence. Another is the power or the impact one of them or a small group of them, can have over thousands or millions of end users/consumers. And finally, for a degree or doctoral level occupation, compared to some jobs they are relatively well paid. Finally, the great mistake many WMF employees make is that they forget that it's the effort of the thousands of volunteer contributors that bring n the donations that fuel the developers' egos and funds their salaries. Kudpung (talk) 02:35, 21 September 2021 (UTC)

@Kudpung In one of my past lives, in the late 1990s or early 2000s, I worked as a "software architect" or "software designer" (I can't recall the exact name), producing tailor-made modules and applications in a team, and I very much recall and identify with the idea that it was mainly a creative work. There was a lower rank of workers which basically replicated what we produced, or did repetitive tasks, which we called the "Zés" (kind of "Johns"). I started myself as a "Zé", but as quickly went up in the hierarchy, due to a facility with logic and solution design. Anyway - we could be creative people, but we had very well defined objectives by our project managers. There was nothing this anarchy of developers saying they will not implement something because it's against their POV, or sitting upon something just because they can (something we call in Portugal "the syndrome of the holder of the toilet key". All that comes, apparently, from WMF relying on volunteers for project maintenance and improvement tasks. I have not the least idea why they do that, when - very strikingly and obviously - that doesn't work. Volunteers obviously do what they please when they please, and have not any duty to do more - and that's what they do. But it is more than time for the WMF to get this solved. One of the functions that pretty much everybody agrees the WMF is good & useful for is centralized maintenance of our projects. But, apparently, their's not doing that properly. - Darwin Ahoy! 14:46, 21 September 2021 (UTC)
'The syndrome of the holder of the toilet key' - I like that, it's so true. Unfortunately I have not been able to find an equivalent expression in English. The discussions Scottywong and I were involved in at Bugzilla 10 years ago over the huge ACTRIAL project we pioneered were very similar to the current Phab debacle, with the exception that at Bugzilla the paid WMF staff resorted to totally unacceptable personal attacks. Nowadays Phab is run by the mw:Bugwrangler, who decides what tickets will be accepted and who also has some very firm ideas about Phab and 'Founding Policies' that might not be shared by everyone. The WMF has a history of making some very bad mistakes, and ones which have resulted in the loss or waste of hundreds of thousands of dollars, or where volunteers had to invest hundred of hours to clean up the mess made by the paid staff. Probably what works best is the general development of the MediaWiki software, but that's because it's used for thousands of other websites that are not connected with Wikipedia, and like many free open source software, people are able to earn money by developing and selling new features for it or developing websites with it for their clients. When it comes to developing extensions specifically for the Wikipedia encyclopedias, however, then it is a long and laborious process to get them approved and done and the non-emloyees at Phab who make so much noise should stay out of it. Nevertheless when DannyH (WMF), then still relatively new at the WMF, decided to provide support for the ACTRIAL experiment seven years later, it was the happiest moment of my Wikipedia life, and it temporarily restored some of my faith in the WMF.
Danny Horn is also responsible for Community Tech which runs the annual software wish list. He and I were at loggerheads for a couple of years but now I have come to understand the responsibilities he has. I just hope that he isn't spreading himself too thin. Community Tech is an excellent WMF initiative but it sometimes has problems with differentiating between essential software requirements and convenience gadgets. At least their work is based on the suggestions the community volunteers voted for but their official team of engineers is too small. Unfortunately there are still other parts of the WMF, involved more with ideology than technology, that work so badly that they are almost dysfunctional. Most volunteers just want to get in with job of building their encyclopedias and keeping them clean. However, due to the WMF wanting to become a socio-political movement with a global influence, rather than striking up a better collaboration, the actual rift between the WMF and the communities is getting wider. It's a gap I have tried to close many times but without much success. I'm not quite sure what User:STei (WMF)'s (anti harassment) actual role is in these discussions, but User:NKohli (WMF) was around during the ACTRIAL experiment and her institutional memory input will be invaluable.
Whether or not some people at Phab find the 'Founding Principles' as being challenged, it's not for them to decide; it has to be understood that with the organic growth of the encyclopedias, the old ideologies made in good faith at the time now need to be brought in line with today's reality. I remember extremely well the ridiculous days in England when if you stopped in the shelter from the wind next to a public toilet to light a cigarette, you would be arrested by a patrolling police officer and charged with cottaging - it was worse than MacCarthyism in the USA. Now in total contrast only 50 years later, in many modern jurisdictions even single gender marriages are allowed in law. On the issue of IP editing, the Portuguese Wikipedia has established an important precedent by asserting its independence. It's as your user name suggests: Evolution. Kudpung (talk) 23:57, 21 September 2021 (UTC)

Sunday September 26 SWANniversary Party and All-Affiliates Strategic Meeting[edit]

Celebrate our first anniversary with SWAN-shaped desserts!

Join the SWANniversary on September 26 as we mark the first year of the Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network!

We will have the regular All-Affiliates Strategic Meeting, to be followed by a SWANniversary Party in the after hours session, likely through spatialized chat on WorkAdventure.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, April, June, and July SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, we'll look together at strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Drafting Committee, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday September 26, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and .)--Pharos (talk) 18:03, 22 September 2021 (UTC)