Commons:Graphics village pump
I realise this isn't relevant to Commons, but a lot of people here use GIMP and I'm hoping someone might know the answer to this: in File → Open Recent, the dropdown of recently opened files is only the latest 10 files, which is woefully inadequate for keeping track when I'm working on multiple files. Is there any way of increasing this to a more useful list of the most recent 40 or 50 files? Thanks! - MPF (talk) 16:00, 28 July 2021 (UTC)
- If you work on Linux, you should read this thread. Basically, edit ~/.gimp-2.8/gimprc and add this line
(last-opened-size 40)(replace 40 by the desired number). Pamputt (talk) 12:15, 2 August 2021 (UTC)
part of SVG logo becomes invisible when I try to resize it
I'm trying to use Vector Paint to crop File:Pure-storage-vector-logo.svg to remove as much white space as possible. However, the orange element becomes invisible when I use the "Fit to Content" option. This does not occur if I manually resize the image. I also have not seen this issue for other files. Is this issue with the file or the web application? Ixfd64 (talk) 19:15, 10 August 2021 (UTC)
How can I create logos like that?
Hi everyone!! I'm creating at my Spanish Wikipedia workplace an article from Protocol, an USA tech News website, and I would like to put there the website logo, in the same way the logos behind are used in their respective Wikipedia pages:
- @Fewasser: Hi, and welcome. Such logos should be digitized by their designers. In this case, protocol.com is "© 2021 Protocol Media, LLC". Please have an authorized representative of Protocol Media, LLC license their logo on their official website or social media or send it with permission via VRT with a carbon copy to you. — Jeff G. ツ please ping or talk to me 03:21, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
Hi, @Jeff G.:. And, i have another doubt. In some newspaper articles, there's a photo, scan or something like that showing a cover from the newspaper, with the image quality pretty reduced in comparison with the original one. It is possible for doing that with an online newspaper, or its not? Do I need an authorization too? Thanks, and excuse me for my English level... Sincerely yours, Fewasser (talk) 12:13, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- @Fewasser: Yes, I'm afraid you need authorization for that too. — Jeff G. ツ please ping or talk to me 15:44, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
New essay on evidence-based mapping
A recent deletion discussion on English Wikipedia has set an important precedent about the criteria that maps need to comply to in order to be used on English Wikipedia, and in which cases they may be removed from English Wikipedia per WP:OR, WP:UNSOURCED or WP:SYNTH. I've written a new essay, Commons:Evidence-based mapping, to help users to make accurate maps on Commons that will be acceptable for usage on (English) Wikipedia, to deal with existing inaccurate and unsourced maps on Commons, and to improve cooperation between users. I think some of you may be interested in reading this, because we don't want users to waste their time on creating bad maps that cannot be deleted on Commons, but cannot be used on (English) Wikipedia either (or risk being removed). If any of you think the essay can be improved further, feel free to make suggestions or corrections on the text here or its talk page. I hope this essay can be really helpful, and if many people agree, perhaps it can eventually be elevated to a guideline. Happy to receive your feedback! Cheers, Nederlandse Leeuw (talk) 16:01, 2 September 2021 (UTC)
I have a request to upload SVG.
I'm sorry, but please.
To revive the symbol of Japan, Kamon,
I don't do volunteer work, but at least it's common.
In order not to forget the existence of Kamon in Wiki,
I'm asking you to upload it.
I beg you.
- Daki Myouga (No background and Black color drawing).svg
Japanese crest daki Myouga.svg: The version without the base of .
- Maru ni Daki Myouga (No background and Black color drawing).svg
Marunidakimyouga.png: The version without the base of .
- Gohonnhone Oogi (No background and Black color drawing).svg
https://irohakamon.com/kamon/ougi/gohonboneougi.html http://hakko-daiodo.com/kamon-c/cate1/ougi/ougi7.html Japanese Crest Gohonnhone Oogi.svg: The version without the base of .
- Hinomaru Oogi (No background and Black color drawing).svg
https://irohakamon.com/kamon/ougi/hinomaruougi.html Japanese Crest Hinomaru Oogi.svg: The version Satake.png: without the base of .
- Kasane Ogi (No background and Black color drawing).svg
https://irohakamon.com/kamon/ougi/shimabaraougi.html Kasane-Ogi.gif: The version without the base of .
- Japanese Crest Kasane Ogi.svg (Black color)
http://hakko-daiodo.com/kamon-c/cate1/ougi/ougi7.html Mon Fukôzu.jpg: The version without the base of .
- Japanese Crest Maru ni Hinomaru sen.svg (Black color)
http://hakko-daiodo.com/kamon-c/cate1/ougi/ougi10.html Barn-Ogi-Sensu.svg: The version without the base of .
- Maru ni Gohonnhone Oogi.svg (No background and Black color drawing).svg
https://irohakamon.com/kamon/ougi/marunigohonhoneougi.html The version without the base of .
- Japanese Crest Gohonnhone Oogi.svg (Black color)
http://hakko-daiodo.com/kamon-c/cate1/ougi/ougi9.html The version without the base of . Gameposo (talk) 14:04, 9 September 2021 (UTC)